Saturday, July 4, 2009

Bring the Rain

It has been a very hot week indeed. Trust me, I'm not complaining about the sun.

But, I have admittedly been a serious slacker when it comes to visting my little garden plot and doing some much needed watering during this dry spell.

All week it had been calling for rain and I was putting off the visit just hoping nature would do the job.

(And this, my friends, would be the reason why it was decided that the best option would be to have individual family plots making everyone responsible for their own. If I decide to be a slacker then the only one suffering is ME.)

And today, finally, the rains came. I wouldn't normally be this excited over such crappy weather. But this year, because of our little vegetable plot, I am ecstatic for the downpour. I now have at least a tiny inkling of the joy brought to the heart of a farmer when he sees those gray clouds in the sky.

Gardening quote for the day:
“If the rain spoils our picnic, but saves a farmer's crop, who are we to say it shouldn't rain?”
Tom Barrett

No comments:

Post a Comment